Phone or Click & Collect – shop local during lockdown
Northampton Town Centre Business Improvement District (BID) is offering shoppers and town centre businesses a ‘Phone or Click & Collect’ service during November 2020’s lockdown. The collection point will be at number 64 St Giles Street.
This Phone or Click & Collect service will enable people to continue to shop locally and safely in Northampton town centre, despite the closure of businesses during lockdown.
It will also enable business to continue trading – despite most having to close to customers.
Customers should contact businesses directly to shop, order and pay. Once they have placed their orders the business will ask their customers to collect their order within 48 hours from the BID’s ‘Phone or Click & Collect’ collection point.
Businesses will deliver their orders directly to the Phone or Click & Collect unit in time for customer collections.
This Phone or Click & Collect service will be up and running Thursday 12 November.
It will operate Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm each week during lockdown.
If you have any questions, please contact the BID’s Phone or Click & Collect unit during opening hours on 07885 811626
On-street parking is available in St Giles Street for customers (subject to current parking charges). The nearest car parks are The Ridings, Nationwide Car Park on Hazelwood Road and St Johns Car Park.
CUSTOMER GUIDANCE – how to use the Phone or Click & Collect service
- Customers should contact town centre businesses directly
- Place your order for products and make payment direct with the business
- Confirm with the business your preferred date and time for the collection of your order at the Phone or Click & Collect unit on St Giles Street.
- On your arrival at the BID’s Phone or Click & Collect unit please be prepared to provide your name and postcode and details of the store/s you have placed orders with.
- Photo ID must be shown upon collection of age-restricted products (photo driving license or passport only please).
- Face masks must be worn upon collection.
- You will be asked to queue outside the unit – there will be no admission into the unit itself due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Customers will be asked to sign a Delivery Note as proof of collection.
- Northampton Town Centre BID will not retain any access to customers details at the end of the Phone or Click & Collect project.
- Returns/Refunds/Damaged items cannot be dealt with at the Phone or Click & Collect unit. These must be discussed directly with the retailer.
- The Phone or Click & Collect unit will not be responsible for any dialogue about the product.
BUSINESS GUIDANCE – how to use the Phone or Click & Collect service
- This scheme is open to all businesses located in the Northampton Town Centre BID area
- Take your customer order either online or by phone
- The customer should make the payment directly with you
- Discuss with your customer the date and time they would like to collect their order from the BID’s Phone or Click & Collect unit on St Giles Street.
- Please inform your customers about parking and advise them to photo ID (driving license or passport) if they are buying an age restricted product
- Securely wrap your product.
- DOWNLOAD a DELIVERY FORM and COMPLETE IT FOR EACH PURCHASE (If there are multiple products for one customer, unless they are all wrapped together, each product will need its own delivery form)
- Take the product/s to the BID’s Phone or Click & Collect unit (during its opening times – Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)
- Products will not be accepted without a Delivery Form
- Your customers will be asked to sign this form when they collect their order/s.
- Delivery Notes will be returned to you after lockdown.
CONDITIONS OF USE
- This Phone or Click & Collect service is for businesses located in the Northampton town centre BID area
- Businesses will be required to deliver products to the Phone or Click & Collect unit between 9am and 5pm each day
- Businesses will be responsible for advising their customers about collection times.
- Customers should advise businesses of their preferred collection day
- We recommend that products are delivered to the Unit for collection no more than 48 hours before collection.
- Only non-perishable items can be accepted in the Phone or Click & Collect unit
- Items must be of a size that can be handled by one individual (i.e., no large/bulky items). Age restricted items will only be handed to the customer on production of valid photo ID
- Northampton BID is not responsible for any Returns/Refunds/Damaged items and the Phone or Click & Collect unit will not be responsible for any dialogue about the product.
- Customers are asked not to visit the Unit if they exhibit any symptoms of coronavirus. Please phone the unit directly during opening hours to seek advice on alternative collection arrangements.