Final line-up confirmed for festival’s five stages
2nd June 2017: The line-up for June’s Northampton Music Festival has been confirmed– with a range of rock, pop, classical, jazz and opera set to take to five stages across the town centre.
The main stage for the one day festival on Sunday 18th June will be on the Market Square, with four other stages dotted around the town centre – a classical stage at All Saints Church, jazz in the Guildhall, music on Abington Street and a mix of music, dance and poetry in the NN Café Courtyard.
The Northampton town centre Business Improvement District (BID) is a lead sponsor for the one day festival, which is organised by Northampton Music 365 and is set to attract tens of thousands of visitors into the town centre.
Opening the festival will be the Northamptonshire Music and Performing Arts Trust (NMPAT) Rock School, on the main stage at 12noon. String quartets, jazz bands, guitar players, pop bands, dancers and much more will follow, with the final act of the night being Jazz Colossus, on the main stage at 8pm.
Richard Clinton, BID Director and Operations Director for Northampton Theatres Trust, Royal and Derngate said: “We are proud to be supporting this festival, which is one of the most significant events on the local calendar and supports the BID’s commitment to help promote and improve Northampton’s town centre.”
Main stage: Market Square
- 12noon: Northamptonshire Music and Performing Arts Trust’s (NMPAT) rock group
- 1pm: Boysey Battrum All Stars
- 2pm: Empyre
- 3pm: Royal and Derngate Gospel Choir
- 4pm: Matt Thorpe
- 5pm: Emily Faye Bane
- 6pm: O’Mahon
- 7pm: Anna Jaichner Band
- 8-9pm: Jazz Colossus
Classical stage: All Saints Church
- 1pm: The 4 Tunes Quartet, NMPAT, string quartet
- 2pm: The Jenson Quintet, Northampton School for Boys, string quintet
- 3pm: Northampton Male Voice Choir
- 4pm: Northampton Male Voice Choir
- 5pm: Zayn Mohammed, solo oud, Arabic stringed instrument Jazz stage:
- 1pm: Rachel Johnson Trio
- 2pm: Roberts/ Exall Quintet
- 3pm: Tad Newton’s Jazz Friends
- 4pm: Take Six jazz band
- 5pm: Lincoln Noel Trio
- 6pm: Zayn Mohammed, guitar trio https://www.facebook.com/zaynguitar/ Y Factor/ Factory Stage:
- 12noon: Grynn
- 1pm: Scott Booth, guitar
- 2pm: Carly Loasby, singer/ songwriter
- 3pm: Leo Robinson, home grown rap
- 4pm: The Incidents Umbrella Stage:
NN Café Courtyard
An eclectic collection of music, dance and poetry.
For the full line-up go to: www.northamptonmusicfestival.co.uk.