Objective 1: Promote and celebrate Northampton town centre and its businesses. To promote Northampton town centre, its business, cultural, leisure, educational and social offer locally and regionally.
Positive media headlines, a news-packed website and a year-round social media campaign have enabled us to boost the profile of Northampton town centre and the businesses based here. To keep our BID businesses up to date we also send out weekly e-newsletters and print quarterly newsletters.
- Shop Local Showcase – Every business in the BID area has the opportunity for free ongoing promotion via our BID website and social media channels. Our Shop Local Showcase, highlights business offers, news and events and can be found here.
- Business Directory – Our website includes a business directory listing businesses in the BID area, and including their business address, website and phone number. See our business directory here.
- Google Digital Garage Partnership – Our ongoing partnership with Google Digital Garage continues to give businesses the opportunity to receive free live webinar training and upskill your workforce here.
- The Dinosaurs are coming to Northampton town centre – During the three-week period from 24 July to August 14, businesses provided ‘Dino Diner Meal Deals’ in cafes and restaurants and other food outlets, plus special offers and ticketed activities to complement the BID Dinosaur events, which were promoted on our dedicated website page and on social media.
Our previous targeted campaigns have included:
- Independent Retailers Month
- Purple Flag – to promote night-time businesses
- Small Business Saturday – featuring businesses in a social media campaign designed to encourage people to shop local
- Food and Drink Directory– to throw the spotlight on our array of food and drink businesses via our printed directory, printed and distributed to 5,000 people and promoted to university students.
- Christmas – to entice visitors into the town centre, thanks to free parking, BID-funded Christmas characters, events, Golden Ticket prize draw and a Christmas Window Competition. We also co-funded free parking on Thursday 19, Friday 20 and Monday 23 December – to coincide with Grosvenor Shopping’s late opening evenings.