The Government have set up a Business Support Helpline (England) Click HERE. Telephone: 0300 456 3565, Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm. Find up to date information on support for businesses online HERE. For Federation of Small Businesses advice, including guidance for employers click HERE.
Northampton BID has pulled a document together to detail support available to businesses – from grants and loans to sick pay and tax relief. Read the full document HERE.
For the latest official guidance, here are some useful links
- UK government response click HERE
- Public Health England (latest general advice) click HERE
- Public Health England (updated daily with number of cases and risk level in the UK) HERE
- Public Health England blog (this is regularly updated) click HERE
- NHS click HERE
- World Health Organization (WHO) click HERE
More specific guidance in relation to employees, employers and businesses
- Public Health England HERE
- World Health Organization (WHO) HERE
- Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) HERE
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme HERE
- Coronavirus campaign government resources (posters and materials) HERE
Useful things to consider about working processes
- How you will manage staff shortages?
- Can you operate on skeleton staff if needed?
- Implement home working (where possible)
- Consider split shifts to cover your essential operations and services
- Consider split working, operating a Team A and Team B principle with alternating home working
- Use technology to limit face-to-face contact (video meetings, self-service options and online retail)
- Do you need to vary the working hours of your employees?
- Plan for additional training of employees to cover sickness
- Do your risk assessments need reviewing with fewer employees?