Northampton town centre businesses praised for customer service
November 12th 2018: Smartly dressed staff, superb service and great venues – just a few of the highlights from this week’s Northampton town centre BID Mystery Shopping Awards.
At the awards ceremony, businesses were praised for their ‘outstanding customer service’ – with five getting maximum points (100%) and 23 scoring over 90%.
All retailers in the town centre scored above 95% for their ‘venue appearance’ , ‘products and pricing’ and ‘staff image’.
The town centre’s food and drink sector did particularly well, with the average score increasing to 92.3% (up from 86.4% in December 2017).
Rob Purdie, Executive Director of Northampton town centre BID, said: “The BID’s Mystery Shopping project is designed to identify, enhance and recognise customer service excellence. These results are very good, so to build on this we will be hosting customer service training courses for all businesses next year.
“This one to one customer experience is something you can’t get online so we need to be exceptional at this here in Northampton town centre if we are to entice shoppers to our stores and businesses are to thrive.”
2018 Mystery Shopping winners are (and quotes from the Mystery Shopper assessors)
Professional Service Award:
- iLet Properties Ltd: “So helpful I was in there a long time.” 100%
- Matchbox Café: “I will return. I loved it. Service went above and beyond the norm and made me feel very wanted as a customer.” 100%
National Retailer Award – 3 winners:
Games Workshop: “I would definitely recommend this store to friends and family, which has stand-out service.” 100%
- Lush: “100% for friendly and engaging service.” 100%
- The Body Shop: “he best customer service I have received in quite a while.” 100%
Independent Retailer Award:
- Bohemian Finds: “I was made to feel like an individual, special customer and would definitely use this service myself.” 99%
Gold award winners, for customer service marked at 90% and above, are:
- 78 Derngate
- A Plan Insurance
- Bias Gift Shop
- Brooklyn Pizza Bar
- Chelton Brown
- Edinburgh Woollen Mill
- George’s Café
- Jynja Jynja
- Moss Bros
- Northampton Health Store
- Quiz Clothing
- The Bread and Butter Factory
- The Platform
- Zara Health and Beauty
There are also 14 Silver Award winning businesses – who received a score of between 75% and 89.9%.