Northampton town centre Business Improvement District (BID) would like to commence a weekly report for businesses in the town centre.
The Retail Sales Monitor details sales, footfall and parking information both locally and nationally and enables businesses to compare their own company’s performance to that of others in the area and against national trends. The footfall data also helps the local authority and other town centre agencies shape delivery of economic development and town centre initiatives.
In order to make the report as robust as possible it is important that figures are obtained from a large number of businesses across all sectors and to this end we are asking Northampton town centre businesses to consider participating in the scheme.
A typical weekly report includes the following information:
- Footfall trends on Northampton town centre streets
- Regional and national footfall trends
- Sales performance across all retail sectors
- Information on national sales performance and trends
- Complete trend graphs and detailed % breakdown
- Quarterly and annual review of sales and footfall
- Car park trends by week on the year
HOW THE SCHEME WORKS
Each business submits one percentage figure each week – the % up/down of sales turnover against the same period in the previous year. Businesses can submit via email or pass onto one of the Northampton town centre BID Hosts. The figure disclosed is confidential and will never be discussed or re-distributed as part of the report.
This figure is then used as part of a calculation to determine sales trends in the town centre and is compared to similar data available in other towns and cities across the UK.
In return for submitting this figure, each participant receives a weekly Retail Sales Monitor containing the information detailed above.
BENEFITS OF THE SCHEME
The Retail Sales Monitor Scheme provides the following benefits for retailers:
- Enables management to quickly and easily compare their performance to others in their
- Compares the performance of the town’s retailers to that in other areas of the UK;
- Provides authoritative financially based commentary on retail sales – providing a greater
understanding of the state and the relevance of the retail sector in the town centre;
- Allows businesses to monitor footfall across Northampton town centre.
HOW TO JOIN THE SCHEME
If you are interested in participating in the scheme or require any further information, please contact Mark Mullen on 01604 837766 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org