Time and Date: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM, Thu 9 July 2020
How to support older workers, based on research from the Centre for Ageing Better and CIPD.
About this Event
We are inviting businesses across Northamptonshire to join our series of Supporting Your Businesses webinars.
As part of our response to the COVID19 pandemic the University of Northampton is committed to helping communities and businesses to survive and thrive as we move towards recovery. We are offering webinars on a broad spectrum of topics, bringing together our academic knowledge with our business support expertise to provide advice and support in a collaborative and responsive environment.
1. UK population ageing with 1 in 3 of the working age population will be 50 or over by 2025. 300,000 fewer people under 30 in the workplace.25% increase in the number of people aged 65 to 79 with a 4% decline in the number aged 20 to 34.
2. Issues of age discrimination under Equality Act 2010- age is a protected characteristic. Issues around unwise employment decisions on age because of it is a poor predictor of performance and it is misleading to equate physical and mental ability with age. Research suggests that older workers are regularly discriminated against in the jobs market and disproportionately likely to be selected for redundancy.
3. A recent survey of over 500 employers shows that only 1 in 5 are currently discussing the strategic implication of an ageing workforce
Join us for this for this informative and engaging webinar, helping you look at all areas and suggest small practical adjustments that employers can undertake to encourage an age positive work based culture . This will cover;
– What do older workers need and want in the workplace and what are their concerns?
– What can employers provide?
– Can you tap into the potential pool of employees?
– and more.
We hope that you will take this opportunity to join us at what is sure to be an interesting event.
Register your place HERE