We are all too aware that COVID-19 has placed extraordinary demands on Northampton town centre shops, businesses and staff – and yet, all thanks to the incredible dedication, courage, determination, and commitment of people working and trading in the area, it continues to be a special and unique destination.
That is why Northampton town centre BID is recognising and celebrating the most inspiring individuals in our town centre – our ‘Business Heroes’.
During these extraordinary times, we will regularly showcase workers or business owners within the BID area who have gone above and beyond during the pandemic.
Do you have a ‘Business Hero’ in mind?
Our Business Heroes will be individuals or teams who, over the lockdown period, have:
- Made a real difference to colleagues, family and friends
- Been passionate about making the town centre the very best it possibly can be
- Been instrumental in making positive changes to the town centre
- Given back – to the community, customers and the town centre
Our Heroes must own or be employed by a Northampton town centre BID-levy paying business.
They could be:
- A server at your favourite eatery, who always gives you a smile and never forgets how you take your coffee
- Someone who makes you happy to be shopping and doing business in the town centre
- Someone who has taken extra steps to make you feel safe and secure during the COVID-19 restrictions
- Someone committed to giving back and making a difference to the community, whether it be by running fundraising events, raising money for charity, or inspiring you to give locally
- Anyone who makes you smile, who inspires, who makes you proud to be doing business in Northampton town centre
The BID team will visit nominated individuals and businesses to create short films/photo about what they have achieved. Businesses will also get given ‘Northampton Business Heroes’ social media tiles to proudly display across their own social media channels.